Saturday, November 24, 2018

Advent book recommendations

I'm giddy with excitement as Advent approaches. The big question is... what book(s) will I/my family choose to read this year? There are just way too many good choices. Holy Spirit, inspire us all with what we need this Advent to grow in our love for Christ and to make our souls a home worthy of the King.

I break the list down into what the book is geared for, but I will be having even my youngest ones join in for all the family prayers and whatever books we choose. :)

Young child - elementary school:
Welcome Baby Jesus, Advent and Christmas Reflections for Families by Sarah A. Reinhard
A Catholic Family Advent, Prayers and Activities by Susan Hines-Brigger
My very own Christmas Prayer Book by Arden W. Mead
Destination: Bethlehem, A Family Advent Adventure by Sharon Altman and Christine Winkelman
Bartholomew's Passage, A Family Story for Advent by Arnold Ytreeide

Middle school - adult
Sacred Space by The Irish Jesuits
O Radiant Dawn, 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Adult
Come, Lord Jesus, Meditations on the Art of Waiting by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.
The Advent of Christ, Scripture Reflections to Prepare for Christmas by Edward Sri
The Infancy Narratives, Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI

Do you have a favorite that is not on this list (that is still in publication)? I would love to include it!

Happy Advent Prep! :) :) :)

No comments: